The heart of the ARK is its deeply curved clip-point blade ground from H-1 steel. The curved edge and deep hollow grind ensure exceptional edge geometry and pack as much edge length as possible into the compact blade. Spyderco decided to invest in the tooling to mold a fiberglass-reinforced nylon (FRN) handle directly onto the blade's tang. An FRN handle allowed the use of Spyderco's proven Bi-Directional Texturing pattern, which provides unparalleled grip control even when wet. To ensure convenient, universal carry with any style of clothing (including none at all) the logical choice was to equip the ARK with a neck sheath supports the weight of the knife and resists the force of a rapid drawstroke, but cannot be turned against the wearer as a choking weapon like the paracord lanyards found on many neck knives. Overall length measures 4.98" with blade length 2.50".
Specifications for Spyderco ARK Lightweight Plain Edge Fixed Blade Knife:
|Blade Length:||65 mm|
|Overall Length:||126 mm|
|Included Accessories:||Injection Molded Polymer Neck Sheath|
|Blade Thickness:||2 mm|
|Handle Finish:||Black Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon|
Features of Spyderco ARK Lightweight Plain Edge Fixed Blade Knife:
- Ark fixed blade knife with 2.50" plain blade
- Overall length of the knife 4.98"
- Small yet potent personal-defense knife
- Machined blade from H-1 steel is a nitrogen-based alloy that is 100% rustproof
- Fiberglass reinforced nylon handle is molded directly onto the tan
- Handle has ergonomic sharp and Bi-Directional Texturing to ensure a secure grip even when wet
- Includes an injection-molded polymer sheath with stainless steel neck chain